Mars 1U Server Celeron-M Firewall Appliance
Mars Firewall Appliance. 1.5Ghz Celeron-M 1U server. Four (4) x 10/100M Realtek RTL8100C Fast Ethernet (optional Intel 82541 Gigabit Ethernet). Optional Soekris VPN1411 VPN Hardware Accelerator. Stateful inspection firewall. 50-500 users. Up to 500,000 concurrent connections. 25-65 Mbps IPSec VPN throughputs.Utilizing pfSense® software.
- The Mars I 1U server RM1U PFCI852A4RNXX is an updated version of the previous Mars 1U server RM1U PFCI852A4XN10. It has a 1.5Ghz Celeron-M, instead of 1.0Ghz Celeron-M.
- 1.5Ghz Celeron-M
- 1GB DDR RAM
- Preloaded pfSense® 2.1.1 Stable Release
- Short-Depth 1U 19" Rackmount Case. The form factor of the 1U server is about 19 inches by 8 inches by 1.7 inches in dimensions, weight about 10 lbs.
- Low power-consumption: 14-18W without a hard drive.
- Designed to run from a compact flash or SSD. It is recommended a system fan if used with a 2.5inch SATA laptop hard drive.
- High network throughput:
- 85 Mbps raw/cleartext (630 Mbps with Gigabit Ethernet option)
- 49 Mbps Blowfish IPSec VPN
- 44 Mbps AES-256 IPSec VPN (77 Mbps with Soekris VPN1411)
- 33 Mbps 3DES IPSec VPN (77 Mbps with Soekris VPN1411)
- Compared to 67 Mbps 3DES/AES IPSec throughput of the Cisco ASA 5510 using our iperf-based testing procedure.
- Virtual LAN (VLAN):
- No VLAN with the 10/100 Realtek RTL8100C Fast Ethernet.
- 4092 VLANs (802.1q) with the Intel 82541 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Corporate Firewall for Enterprise or Small and Medium Business (SMB).
- Load balacing with multi-Wan for aggregration of Internet bandwidth.
- VPN server for branch offices or main office/corporate headquarter:
- Supporting IPSec, SSL-based OpenVPN, PPTP.
- 49 Mbps Blowfish IPSec VPN throughput between pfSense®/M0n0wall®/IPCop© VPN servers.
- 49 Mbps AES-256 IPSec VPN or 33 Mbps 3DES IPSec VPN (77 Mbps with the optional Soekris VPN1411) with commercial Cisco/Checkpoint/Juniper VPN servers.
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and Intrusion Protection System (IPS).
- With the addition of the Snort package. Recommended to be used only with the hard-drive or SSD-based pfSense® appliance.
- Web filtering and content control.
- With the addition of the Squidguard package. Recommended to be used only with the hard-drive or SSD-based pfSense® appliance.
- Failover or Hardware Redundancy (CARP) (http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Configuring_pfSense_Hardware_Redundancy_(CARP)).
- For more details on active/standby configurations, please visit the Redundant firewalls with OpenBSD, CARP and pfsync page.
- The 1U rackmount Mars Firewall Appliance is also an ideal hotspot solution to be deployed in a broadband-enabled environment such as hotels, coffee shops, school, campus, libraries, and conference facilities.
- Another common deployment is the perimeter enterprise firewall, with the addition of the BGP package.
Support and Warranty
- One (1) year industry standard warranty. A single contact for both hardware and software issues.
- Depend on the maintenance options, we will walk you through the initial VPN server setup to configuration of multi-wan load balancing and failover