Mars II pfSense 1U Server
Mars II pfSense 1U Server. 1.8Ghz Dual-Core Intel Atom D525. Five (5) x Gigabit Ethernet (2 x Intel 82573L and 3 x Intel 82541PI). Up to 7 Intel Gigabit Interfaces through PCI expansion. 2GB (maximum 8GB) DDR3 Memory. Stateful inspection firewall. 50-1,000 users. Up to 1,000,000 concurrent connections. 45-87 Mbps IPSec VPN throughputs. 1U short-depth case dimension:
The 1U Server Mars II appliance has been employed at the following network locations to protect SMB (Small and Medium Business) and Enterprise:
- Branch Office
- VPN Endpoints
- Internet edge
- Short-Depth 1U Rackmount Case. The form factor of the 1U server is about 19 inches by 10 inches by 1.75 inches in dimensions. Weight about 12 lbs.
- The 1U rack ears can be removed to turn into a desktop chassis. See picture!
- Intel 1.8Ghz Dual-Core Atom D525
- High Performance IPSec VPN without VPN Hardware Accelerator: 45Mbps 3DES and 87Mbps AES256
- Performance for UTM (Unified Threat Management) applications
- Five (5) Intel Gigabit Ethernet Ports, expandable to Seven (7) Intel Gigabit Ethernet:
- Multi-WAN for load balancing, redundancy and failover
- 64-bit (AMD64) pfSense 2.0 firmware on a 2GB SATA DOM (Disk-on-Module).
- Silent, No Moving Part, and more reliable than a hard drive
- More durable than Flash drive or Compact Flash