EmergeCore IT-100. Fanless 500Mhz Transmeta Crusoe TM5600. 2 x 10/100 Ethernet: 1 x WAN and 1xLAN (4-port switch hub). 128MB SDRAM SO-DIMM. 32MB Compact Flash. 20GB EIDE laptop harddrive. Intersil 802.11b (Mini-PCI).
- Hacom has acquired some of the remaining inventory of the EmergeCore IT-100. It is offered AS-IS (NO SOFTWARE), with 90-day warranty on the hardware only.
- Memory is fixed at 128MB!
- To access the it-100 as a development platform, a low-power PCI VGA card with a PCI-riser and a USB keyboard are required. We have used the Diablotek VARX-8P ATI Rage XL 8MB PCI Video card from Microcenter successfully.
- The EmergeCore IT-100 is a great complete platform for running OpenWRT, older versions of pfSense, IPCop and M0n0wall due to limiited RAM memory. The inital offering is for computer geeks who prefer to tinker with the hardware directly.
- Images for installation on the IT-100: M0n0wall, pfSense, IPCop and Debian Squeeze, can be downloaded from the following URL:
We will also install these for a fee. Look for the installed software option below. If your favorite operating system is not listed, please contact support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the bottom of this page, there are some youtube tutorials on how to use the IT-100.
Performance as a VPN Router
500 Mhz VIA C7
|Cisco ASA 5505|
|Cleartext||88.5 Mbps||70 Mbps||150 Mbps|
|3DES||8.3 Mbps||9.5 Mbps||40 Mbps|
|AES256||45 Mbps||14 Mbps||40 Mbps|
1As measured by IPerf. The IPerf performance was compared to the reported measurements of the Cisco ASA 5510 in the following article: IPSec Performance of Cisco ASA 5510 as Measured by IPerf.
|EmergeCore IT-100 Specifications|
|Processor||- Transmeta Crusoe TM5600 500 Mhz Fanless CPU.|
|Chipset||- Ali M1535 (South Bridge)|
|System Memory||- 128MB PC133 SDRAM SO-DIMM|
|Onboard LAN||- 2 x Realtek RTL8100B 10/100 Ethernet: 1 x WAN and 1 x LAN as a 4-port switch hub|
|Onboard IDE/SATA||- 32MB Compact Flash
- 20GB EIDE Laptop harddrive
|Expansion Slots||- 1 x PCI
- 1 x Mini-PCI (used by the Intelsil 802.11b card)
|Back Panel I/O||- 2 x USB 1.1
- 1 x RS-232 COM port
- 1 x Parrallel port
- 1 x 10/100 Ethernet (WAN)
- 4 port switch hub ( 1 x 10/100 Ethernet)
|Dimensions||- 246mm x 240mm x 54mm|
|Warranty||- 90-Day Limited for hardware only!|
IT-100 Demonstration Video
Following is demonstration of how to use an internal CDROM to install software for development on the IT-100.
IT-100 Software Install
To install a pre-built software image on the 20G HD of the it-100, a PC board from an external USB EIDE laptop hard drive enclosure is used. This video demonstrates such a technique. The pre-built software images are available for download at http://www.hacom.net/catalog/pub/it-100. There are images for Debian Linux, pfSense, IPCop.
IT-100 pfSense Install
This video shows how to install pfSense on an IT-100. Using a Linux system, It shows how to download the pfSense software image, to write the image to the hard drive using a pc board in an external USB laptop hard drive enclosure. It also shows how to use the serial terminal to connect to the IT-100